Filled Cupcakes

Baking By Laetia Updated 3 Jul 2014 , 5:57pm by Laetia

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 27 Jun 2014 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 5

AHello I'd like to know if it´s possible to filled my cupcakes with homemade strawberry filling (cooked strawberry, sugar and cornstarch mix) before cooking them (put the filling in raw batter with pastry bag or a spoon) I did it once with canned raspberry pie filling and it work just fine. Please give me your opinion, it would be very helpfull Thanks Laetia

4 replies
RedneckRuffle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckRuffle Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 1:34am
post #2 of 5

AI think you would be running a high risk of either having a gooey glob of filling on the bottom of each one, or having it all pushed out the top, depending on the consistency of the filling.

Laetia Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 5

ATanks for your answer. Because of your doubts about the technique, I did some testing with a few of my cupcakes before cooking the whole batch. My filling was cold and pretty stiff. Good result with both techniques. They where not gooey at all and nothing spill from the top of them. I finaly decided to use the piping bag technique because it was less manipulation. When some filling was showing by the piping hole, I added just a tiny bit of raw batter to cover. Everybody loved those strawberry shortcake mini cupcakes!

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 2:16am
post #4 of 5

So did you have to cook them any longer??

Laetia Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 5

Those mini cupcakes took about 11 minutes to cook. I would say it's maybe a minute longer than it usualy take.

*( by the way, I'm sorry for my bad English it is not my primary language! I guess it shows...:oops:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%