Addressing Customers Who Don't Want Fondant

Business By AZCouture Updated 3 Jul 2014 , 12:34pm by cakegrandma

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 1:49pm
post #31 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Actually, this is just incredibly rude, @cakegrandma, unless I'm just misunderstanding you. But I just can't comprehend replying to anyone's post in a manner like that, without explaining myself. Just too crude for me.

My apologies to any I may have offended.  I was just stating that clients can be rude in their arguments of not wanting fondant, not that any of us cakers are rude for suggestions that it would look better with it on there as the photo shows. Again, my apologies to anyone I offended.

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 11:43pm
post #32 of 34

I have had a few customers who say that they don't want fondant but then show me all fondant designs. Some of them would need to be done in fondant so if they are sitting down for a tasting (or even just standing at my shop's counter) I have no problem giving them a small sample of fondant. I always have it around since I use fondarific. Most are pleasantly surprised and end up going with fondant if their cake needs it. 

Like everyone said, if you know the cake won't look as good in buttercream, tell the customer! 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 12:35am
post #33 of 34

A

Original message sent by TheSugarLab

I have had a few customers who say that they don't want fondant but then show me all fondant designs. Some of them would need to be done in fondant so if they are sitting down for a tasting (or even just standing at my shop's counter) I have no problem giving them a small sample of fondant. I always have it around since I use fondarific. Most are pleasantly surprised and end up going with fondant if their cake needs it. 

Like everyone said, if you know the cake won't look as good in buttercream, tell the customer! 

I've had people just throw designs out when I tell them it has to be done in fondant, so not everybody is that easy!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 12:34pm
post #34 of 34

This past weekend I did a baby shower cake for my daughter and my granddaughter was helping make the bassinet that went on top.  We were discussing the cake and putting fondant on it and she said, "Mom probably won't want it, I don't think she'll like it."  I put fondant (Fondarific) on it and everyone, ok, maybe not everyone but the biggest majority, said they loved it.  Even my daughter, so who knows.  I guess it is an either or situation, either they will want it or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%