Ready Made Fondant Vs Homemade

Decorating By MECarter Updated 3 Jul 2014 , 11:23pm by cecescakecreations

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 4:22pm
post #31 of 35

AI used to use MMF as well but I kept having problems with the final product not being consistent. I have been using MFF (Michelle Foster's Fondant) for the past couple of years & I love it! This is also a gelatin based fondant. You can find this recipe under the recipes tab. Just type in Michelle Foster's Fondant. It is so much cheaper than buying already made fondant & I think it tastes better as well.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 5:12pm
post #32 of 35

AI hate making my own fondant. It is so messy and time consuming. I purchase: http://www.auiswisscatalogue.com/505023/1-ENRO.html

I have used several different brands and this is my favorite. It is pricy but you can roll it so thin that you use less than other brands. So, in the end the price based of use is the same as the cheaper brands.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 6:22pm
post #33 of 35

I buy it.  I don't have a lot of brand loyalty, and use Satin Ice, Pettin Ice and Wilton - but only mixed with the other brands.

Ellie33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie33 Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 7:19pm
post #34 of 35

A[B]Costumeczar[/B], thanks for the recipe. So, after you combine all ingredients with sugar, you just mix it and let it sit for a night? No need to kneed it.? :D:D I usually make MMF mixed with candy melts, and than I combine it with store bought (Wilton or SatinIce) 1/1.

cecescakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecescakecreations Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 11:23pm
post #35 of 35

AGreat. I will be trying this because buying the fondant has just become such an expense anymore!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%