Please Help Asap!!!

Decorating By tessholly1 Updated 24 Apr 2014 , 10:12pm by bubs1stbirthday

tessholly1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tessholly1 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 6

ACan someone please tell me how to stop my fondant doing this..iv tried covering the cake 3 times now and it keeps on happening, what am I doing so wrong??!! I need to have the cake done by tomorrow :( ..[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3225579/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not certain, but it may be that either your fondant isn't kneaded enough, or is too soft and needs to rest for a bit.  It may be that you have it rolled too thinly?  Or just that certain types of fondant are more prone to ripping.

Also, your crumbcoat underneath doesn't look like it is the most smooth and even, which may be contributing to your problems.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chip in.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 6

I agree with Lizzie.  This used to happen to me all the time when I didn't knead my fondant enough.  

tessholly1 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 6

A

Original message sent by LizzieAylett

I'm not certain, but it may be that either your fondant isn't kneaded enough, or is too soft and needs to rest for a bit.  It may be that you have it rolled too thinly?  Or just that certain types of fondant are more prone to ripping.

Also, your crumbcoat underneath doesn't look like it is the most smooth and even, which may be contributing to your problems.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chip in.

Thank you so much for replying, your right my crumb coat is a mess because iv taken the fondant on and off 3 times and have now run out of buttercream to keep redoing it :( ..iv also tried thicker fondant as I was rolling it quite thin to begin with but still the same result!! I feel like iv tried everything and maybe it is the actual fondant..but it has to do as I don't have any other brand easily available to me!! I will try letting it settle in case iv over kneaded as you said!! Thank again :)

tessholly1 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 6

A

Original message sent by jennicake

I agree with Lizzie.  This used to happen to me all the time when I didn't knead my fondant enough.  

Ok il try both ways, kneading it more and if that doesn't help then il try leaving it to settle for a bit.. Thank you!!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 6

If you are using marshmallow fondant mine always did this until I found a recipe that called for corn syrup and glycerine. Perhaps this is your issue?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%