Fondant Issues

Decorating By CloverCakes Updated 28 Apr 2014 , 4:47pm by CMLayton

CloverCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CloverCakes Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 3

I have used Wilton brand white for my cakes so far, I have never liked the taste of fondant ever, so I cant judge on flavor. I have heard of Satin ice, Wilton, Fondx, and Carma massa. If anyone has pros cons..opinions or advice please. Coloring, taste and ability to work with.

2 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 3

AThe Royal Bakery wrote a great comparison article, I believe it's on her Facebook page as well as the Craftsy blog. I think Formerly From Scratch has an article as well if you google those.

Everyone's opinion is different, depending on your climate, personal experience, etc.

I like Wilton's for some figure sculpting but I also use modeling chocolate it just depends on what I'm making. I know tons of people who love Satin Ice, but I don't care for it.

For covering cakes I have been using FondX but I've recently tried the CM and it's just wonderful to work with. Some people make their own or hybrids-I think LMF fondant is popular it's Liz Marek's recipe she uses Wilton's fondant, marshmallows, and other things (you can google it) to make her version.

You can purchase samples for most of them, I'd recommend trying different brands and seeing what works best for you.

CMLayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMLayton Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 3

AI use Liz Marek's fondant and love it! It is easy to make and easy to work with and roll out. It colors great as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%