Ordering Printed Sugar Sheets

Decorating By cakestomuch Updated 24 Apr 2014 , 5:16pm by FioreCakes

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I am looking for a place to order custom printed sugar sheets. I am hoping to find a place that already has some designs that they can print. I am looking for some designs that look like the old stickers people would put on their luggage from the places they had traveled to.

I had some printed locally before. It was 10.00 for the SS and 10.00 for the design. That was fine since I had the whole sheet printed with the same label. This time I want only about about 5 - 6 different labels and that would cost about $60.00 since it would be 10.00 for each design set up. Not happening. I am also trying to avoid painting them myself.

This is a cake for some neighbors that are moving. I was thing maybe the luggage cake would be cute. I will be taking the cake to a going away party on May 3rd so I would need them by the day before.

Thanks

Something like this cake by jocylicious here on CC.

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/3067046/luggage-cake/flat/1

5 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 6

wow! $60!! you can find several companies that sell these online. I wanted to order edible "stickers" of band logos for the record player cake in my albums. I put all of the "sticker" images onto one 8x10 sheet in word or powerpoint. Then they printed that image on an icing sheet and I cut them out by hand with an exacto knife and placed them on the cake. This cost me $13 including shipping from here http://www.sweetexpressimages.com/Custom-Sweet-Images_c_7.html. They were great to work with! 

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, FioreCakes, good to know. Also, if you have the non-copyrighted images, a grocery store will print it/them on wafer paper.

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all the info. I will look into them. Hubby also thinks I should buy a printer with edible ink. Thinking about that also, but not really sure if I would use it that much. 

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 6

I would order online first to see if you even like working with the edible images, some people find them frustrating and unappealing! I personally love the option to have a realistic image to add to a cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%