Interlocking Heart Cake Help, Please!

Decorating By Michele25 Updated 18 Apr 2014 , 12:58am by Michele25

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 17 Apr 2014 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 8

Can anyone help me figure out how to make an interlocking heart cake like the ones in the photos below? I'm usually pretty good with figuring out how to do a template, etc,, but this time I'm stumped. I'm guessing these heart shapes were cut from a sheet cake or other shaped cake, as I don't think there are pans that would make these tapered hearts. I'm stumped also because the shape of the hearts is unique, and not something I can find clipart for so that I can make an accurate template. If I try to just freehand draw these hearts, they won't be even and symmetrical...any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!!

7 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:02am
post #2 of 8

It actually looks like it could be from a heart shaped pan which has one side carved in so they fit together. You could just use the curve of the pan to see what to carve out. HTH

Michele25 Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:04am
post #3 of 8

AUnfortunately, the problem is that I don't have a pan like this.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:18am
post #4 of 8

Start with two round or square cakes and cut the shape out using a cardboard template.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:33am
post #5 of 8

AWhat she said. Draw one heart, cut it out, flip it over. Done.

Michele25 Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:36am
post #6 of 8

They are not "normal" symmetrical heart shapes, though.........the hearts are tapered so they interlock and I'd have to draw it free hand instead of just googling a heart shape.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:38am
post #7 of 8

Michele25 Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 12:58am
post #8 of 8

Howsweet, thank you SO much for providing that template!!! That was so nice of you, and it's just perfect!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%