Wilton's New Fondant!

Decorating By HotPink_LipGloss Updated 13 Apr 2014 , 7:11am by gscout73

HotPink_LipGloss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HotPink_LipGloss Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

AA fellow caker says that the new Wilton fondant truly is easier to roll & tastes better. Only available at Joann's right now. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3217099/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
HotPink_LipGloss Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 1:00am
post #2 of 6

AActually Michaels has it.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 1:11am
post #3 of 6

I always got a kick out of the name, "Decorator Preferred."  It has taken them over a decade to realize they were the laughing stock of the decorating industry. The only thing decorators preferred to do with Wilton's fondant was make sure everyone knew there were better alternative brands.  :o

I certainly have this cite and a local cake shop to remove the fog from my eyes and see the truth.

gscout73 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 1:22am
post #4 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by gscout73 

I always got a kick out of the name, "Decorator Preferred."  It has taken them over a decade to realize they were the laughing stock of the decorating industry. The only thing decorators preferred to do with Wilton's fondant was make sure everyone knew there were better alternative brands.  :o

I certainly have this cite and a local cake shop to remove the fog from my eyes and see the truth.

Sorry, was taking a break from homework. I meant site.

HotPink_LipGloss Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 5:44am
post #5 of 6

A

Original message sent by gscout73

Yeah I certainly loathe most of Wilton's products; however, it's all that I can get. I live in the New Orleans area and after Katrina, the cake supply store never returned. There is not one close by at all. Buying on the internet can get expensive due to shipping. So I'm glad Wilton improved their fondant. However no matter what brand fondant, chocolate, candy melts, etc I use for decorations, people never eat them. They just admire the decorations, eat the cupcake, & either toss or save the decorations lol.

gscout73 Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 7:11am
post #6 of 6

That's true. I have a lot of older Wilton products and pans that are actually very good, and widely available. I was going to be a Wilton instructor, but held back because I went back to school and could not commit the time. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because that was when they came out with the punch cutters and I just do not believe they are practical at all. There are so many individual components that are so big and bulky. It was the same time they rolled out improved versions of older products and made them too pricey and bulky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%