Triple Colored Cake Pops

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 14 Apr 2014 , 3:06pm by poohthebear

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 2:35am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone seen a triple colored cake pop?  I've seen them and think they are so cute.  But I'm not very good at doing one color! Would love to try if anyone knows how to do it. I have five grandchildren that would love to have some of these in their Easter Baskets.

6 replies
craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 3:08am
post #2 of 7

I saw this video a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nak_zRvbvKo&feature=share&list=PL7F9HNhSDxR3vuUz4rV7Z_n2RKWp8jCTP&index=2

It looks absolutely fun to make and her tutorial is easy to understand as well.

poohthebear Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 3:52am
post #3 of 7

You're right cool video! But the ones I've seen are three different colors on the outside.  Then maybe dipped in some type of sugar.

craftybanana Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 7

Three different colors on the outside? You mean the chocolate? Or do you mean the cake pops aren't coated in chocolate? If it's just the cake part, just don't smoosh it so much that they blend together into one big brown blob. If you meant the chocolate, then I don't know. You could decorate them with colored sugar bands/sprinkles.

poohthebear Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 7

the chocolate is three colors.

craftybanana Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 7

Found this then:

She dips the whole cakepop into one color, then dips it partway into the other color when the 1st color has hardened. It looks kinda lumpy, but there is probably a way to make it smoother.

poohthebear Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much!!!!  I think this is how I will have to do mine too.  Again thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%