Gumpaste/sugar Paste Accents On A Whipped Cream Frosted Cake???

Decorating By t4h3r4 Updated 24 Jul 2014 , 11:26pm by daisybee

t4h3r4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t4h3r4 Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 2:43am
post #1 of 4

AHello everyone,

I was at a party today where the celebratory cake was frosted with freshly whipped cream frosting and decorated with fondant flowers. When I first saw the cake I doubted that the cake was frosted with whipped cream due to my past experience of adding fondant accents to whipped cream frosting which resulted in wilted/melted fondant flowers. But then I found out that the baker that baked the cake was present at the party and she confirmed that it was freshly whipped cream frosting with fondant flowers!!!!

So now I'm baffled and very curious with a lot of questions that I hope you can answer:

How can this be achieved?

Would adding tylos to the fondant prior to making the flowers keep them hard?

Will fully dried GUMPASTE flowers wilt/soften if exposed to the moisture of whipped cream?

Just to point out :

Freshly whipped cream as in heavy/double cream whipped with powdered/icing sugar. Not non-dairy whipped frosting or bettercream that you find in the states.

I mostly use Freshly whipped cream to frost/decorate my cakes so I'm not interested in how buttercream or other alternatives could be used in regards to this query.

3 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 3:56am
post #2 of 4

would modeling chocolate flowers melt also, or do you think that they'd hold up on whipped cream.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 6:46am
post #3 of 4

AI've used fondant on straight whipped cream iced cupcakes with nothing but gelatin added and they didn't melt or distort. The decorations had sat out 3 days. If you're uncomfortable using fondant though I'm sure Gumpaste would work...can't imagine anything melting that lol

daisybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisybee Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 4

AOooh, you can'y imagine how bad i would like to have the answer to that question!!!

Because all my attempts to fondant on whipped cream were à disaster.

Today i made a flower out of modeling chocolate and another one out of à 50/50 mix of fondant and modeling chocolate and i put them in a bowl with cream inside (to lazy to whip the cream since it was just for experimentation).

I left them in the bowl the entire day, they did not melt. Im gonna leave them in thé bowl all the night to see what will happen tomorrow and i ll let you know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%