How Do I Make White Buttercream?

Baking By willow1810 Updated 24 Mar 2017 , 8:35am by Twohanded

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 7:17pm
post #31 of 38

AWhere theres a way, theres a queue!!!!!

As long as you look after gum paste John you can keep him cakebaby.

So, you've got trying box mixes to trying white buttercream?

I know they say it can be flavoured, but its the texture that seems to both me, not that I've tried it but I can get my head around that.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 7:32am
post #32 of 38

the technical term nanny is "minging" x

nannycook Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 9:37am
post #33 of 38

AGo on, have a go at making it, in fact I have lard in the fridge I keep for colouring my fondant, makes it not stick, is it the same thing, well I have trex tbh.

nannycook Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 9:38am
post #34 of 38

ACakebaby, duh! I meant to say "Will"

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 10:09am
post #35 of 38

Well Trex is a feature in my kitchen for the gum paste men obviously. Can't tell you how much I go through when smoothing my little friends......John's toga took such a lot getting the folds just right.

However eating it will take a bit of nerve nanny even slathered in icing sugar. Sure it will be white, but it will be sweetened Trex, but I'll have a bash.

L4ur4b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
L4ur4b Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 5:26pm
post #36 of 38

Could using 50:50 coconut oil and butter help? I was thinking of trying that...

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 12:06am
post #37 of 38

Quote by @cheatize on 23 Feb 2011 , 7:01am

I have read on here to put just a teeny touch of violet color in it to make it white.

Works like a charm, I do this occasionally, but I like that butter and vanilla make it have a slight cream/ivory color. It is food after all!

Twohanded Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twohanded Posted 24 Mar 2017 , 8:35am
post #38 of 38

Forget white shortening products they're vile, but get a pale butter, I use a Danish variety. Make up your recipe then add a Violet food colouring, by dipping just the point barely into the concentrated colour, and it is a small amount, about the size of this fullstop . to start with. Remember less is more you cannot take it out. Beat until the yellow colour starts to "disappear" Voila White buttercream. Easy. Hope it works for you. Best Colin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%