Curious About Different Ganache Flavors

Baking By kdbohm Updated 17 Apr 2014 , 12:08pm by Danilou

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:33am
post #31 of 41

I've just added lemon essence to white choc ganache. I'm sure it's not oil based - from what I understand, the chocolate has already seized from the liquid in the cream. (Or doesn't seize when it's that quantity of liquid?) It tasted a bit cheesecake-y.

I'm sure you could add any kind of essence. Ohh, rum in dark chocolate would be yummy.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:16am
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

This is my recipe for White Chocolate Strawberry ganache.......

White Chocolate Strawberry ganache
Ingredients
1 12 oz. Package white chocolate chips
8 oz. heavy whipping cream, scalded
1 Tbs. of softened butter
1/2 package Strawberry or Raspberry jello ( I would think any flavor of your choosing would do )
Instructions
1. Pour white chips into medium sized bowl. ( I use metal because it seems to hasten the cooling process.

1.2. Heat 8 oz. of heavy whipping cream to the boiling point.
2.3.Pour cream and sprinkle about 1/2 package of jello ( your choice) over chips. Let stand for a couple of minutes, then stir until chips are melted.
3.4. Place bowl into refrigerator until cooled and thickened ( can be placed in freezer if you are in a hurry.
4.5. Whip with mixer until thick and fluffy enough to spread between cake layers..

When do you add the butter?

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 11:11am
post #33 of 41

Oh, I'm sorry....... I add the butter when I add the hot cream so that it melts right in......

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:28pm
post #34 of 41

Thanks

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 2:22pm
post #35 of 41

If someone wants to make a google doc with all these recipes, I'll add it to the list! icon_biggrin.gif

kdbohm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbohm Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 9:28pm
post #36 of 41

I just tried making ganache with the Hershey's cinnamon chips. I had a request to make a snickerdoodle cake ( recipe from this site ). So of course I thought, I wondered how the cinnamon would taste or be too strong.

So made the ganache and started out with the same ratio as making regular chocolate. I did add about 1/4 c more chips to the mix once it at all melted.

Whipped the ganache and it tastes amazing. Not too strong of a cinnamon and will go great with the cinnamon in the cake! I also think it would be a great filling in a spice cake.

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 10:39pm
post #37 of 41

Is the jello you're adding regular or sugar-free?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 10:44pm
post #38 of 41

kdbohm...thanks for sharing!

Cinnamon sounds amazing...so glad to know they worked!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:41am
post #39 of 41

Oh Wow icon_surprised.gif I am going to try the cinnamon, it sounds great!!!

kyraa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyraa Posted 17 Apr 2014 , 2:01am
post #40 of 41

i'm still quite new to making and baking delicious sweet treats but just the other day actually, i made a chocolate and peanut butter ganache. Everyone loved it, i had put it in some macaroons and i had people coming back for thirds! but to reply to your questions, i put quite a lot of cream about: 110g of cream to 100 grams of chocolate and then whilst i was putting my cream onto boil i just added about a tablespoon of peanut butter and melted it in with the cream.
good luck with your baking, sorry i couldn't held you with your buttercream problem xoxox 

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 17 Apr 2014 , 12:08pm
post #41 of 41

AI've been researching this topic the last couple of months as I'm looking for stable fillings that can withstand a few days at room temperature. There are a lot of recipes on the net for white chocolate fruit flavoured ganache fillings, especially macaroon fillings! I winged it the other week and made a passionfruit ganache. I used the 1:3 ratio and I used 2 tb. of passionfruit as part of the liquid ratio and made the rest up with cream. Another yummy one is coconut cream in place of cream and a heap of lightly toasted coconut added it's like a bounty bar! I'm using that as a filling in my coconut cake instead of desiccated coconut in the cake batter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%