Best Edible Printer???

Decorating By cakediva38 Updated 1 Dec 2017 , 2:05pm by icingimages

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Nov 2017 , 2:46pm
post #91 of 97

You did get the name right!!!  Glad I could be of help!  If you do not get an email today, its cause its too late to get on the list so watch facebook!!!  All the info will be on there.

Sweet_Art Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Art Posted 23 Nov 2017 , 2:47pm
post #92 of 97

Lyoshka,

For an alternate perspective on purchasing equipment, you may want to review our posts in this thread concerning this topic, particularly posts #75, 78, 80 and 83 (just scoll up).

Sweet Art

Lyoshka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyoshka Posted 24 Nov 2017 , 3:28pm
post #93 of 97

Sweet Art, thank you so much! i will check this out later today!

Quote by @Sweet_Art on 1 day ago

Lyoshka,

For an alternate perspective on purchasing equipment, you may want to review our posts in this thread concerning this topic, particularly posts #75, 78, 80 and 83 (just scoll up).

Sweet Art

Lyoshka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyoshka Posted 27 Nov 2017 , 2:33pm
post #94 of 97

Ok, SweetArt, i read your posts.  Actually, I read the entire thread and I now understand the two approaches to this-one is based on a higher price, but with customer service, when it comes to the edible printers.  Possibly save some hassles by having someone to troubleshoot with and having that peace of mind...but all at a higher cost.  The other one being what you recommend-just buy the printer on Amazon (or wherever) and get good ink from a reputable company and when the printer goes buhbye, just buy a new one.

Knowing I want a printer that will work with Simi sheets (haven't played with them yet, but i know i will want to within a few months), Canon IP7220 is the one for me (unless there is another better recommendation?), according to IcingImages shop.  That printer itself is $69 on Amazon.  With the inks purchased from IcingImages, the set up will cost me $130! that is completely reasonable.  I'm happy to support IcingImages by purchasing the ink, ink refills, cleaner and all my edible paper from them, but I definitely have to go the less expensive route with the printer.  I also agree with you that printers are more or less a throwaway commodity nowadays, and if i know i spent $69 on a printer, I won't stress over having to replace one when it does go.

VERY excited about the new printer possibilities!!!!  hoping to get one sometime in December!

Muntic0re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muntic0re Posted 1 Dec 2017 , 11:49am
post #95 of 97

Canon PIXMA Color Printer MG5520 is a good one

icingimages Posted 1 Dec 2017 , 2:04pm
post #96 of 97

Lyoshka

We have a large number of customers who purchase outside of our company for just that reason.  Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be glad to assist you!

icingimages Posted 1 Dec 2017 , 2:05pm
post #97 of 97

MunticOre,

The MG5520 is a great printer but unfortunately, it is hard to come by now! Thanks for your input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%