Wilton Cake Servings Chart: Think It's Unrealistic?

Decorating By Monica_ Updated 20 May 2014 , 9:00pm by shel0426

MissCakeulus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeulus Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:15pm
post #31 of 35

What I don't like about Earlene's chart is that it doesn't follow it's own standards. For example, a 12" round pan has 45 servings, but suddenly when you put a 6" cake on top (that won't be cut because they're saving the top tier) the 12" is now worth 40 servings. I'm working on coming up with my own between Wilton and Earlene. I will share it when I'm done.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:33pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCakeulus 

I'm working on coming up with my own between Wilton and Earlene. I will share it when I'm done.

If you think you need a customized chart that doesn't follow "industry standard", it's been done (enter your preferences here...):

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cakulator.html

Momof2n1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof2n1 Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 11:49am
post #33 of 35

AThe guide that Wilton uses is the same guide that most formal catering halls use. So making cakes that yield larger servings will only result in giving away free cake. I used to feel the same way, but now that I mostly do cakes for the large catering hall events, I stick to the wilton charts. I use both who wedding cake and party cake chart depending on the event.

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 4:31pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny 

Just added the picture to my gallery:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_88648.html

Hope it helps

I am just wondering if you would minded if I showed this picture to a few of my customers? I love the visual! And I think it would help reiterate the point that bigger is not always better. 

shel0426 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shel0426 Posted 20 May 2014 , 9:00pm
post #35 of 35

The visual with the slices last posted is really helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%