I got this recipe from a different web site and it’s to die for! This recipe is so good in fact, it was requested by my son and daughter-in-love as one of the tiers for their wedding cake. It’s amazing and I have “muffinized” it before so as to call it breakfast!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 c. white sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. shredded carrots
- 1 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. chopped walnuts (I toasted mine first @ 300º for approx. 8-10 min)
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour a 9″ x 13″- inch pan.
1. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; make a well in the center and add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple. Pour into 9″ x 13″- inch pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Don’t panic, the center will sink a little. Watch baking time; might get done sooner.
3. Allow to cool; when cool, frost the cake. You can certainly use your favorite cream cheese frosting to frost this cake, but the one included is highly recommended. (You can just leave the cake in the 9″ x 13″- pan and just frost the top).
4. To make the frosting: Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth; add the powdered sugar and beat until creamy.