This recipe has been requested by several members so I decided to make it available to all…enjoy!
Charlota / Charlotte
- One 6 or 8 yellow/vanilla cake
- Bavarian cream frosting:
- Bavarian cream (bought or home made recipe below)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar (to your taste)
- 24-30 ladyfingers
- Fresh Kiwi sliced, Fresh Apricot sliced (or any other fruit you prefer)
- Apricot Glaze: (you need thin consistency. Add more nectar if you consider necessary)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ⅛ cup apricot nectar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice diluted in ½ cup water (you may also use 2 tbsp. of pineapple flavoring diluted in 2 cups of water)
- Cut cake in two equal layers. Pour pineapple juice/water on the cake until you are sure the cake is moist enough but with sufficient consistency to place one layer on top of the other. Fill/frost as shown below with the Bavarian cream frosting; frost sides as well.
- Place the ladyfingers around the cake with flat side to cake. Hold them together with a string or ribbon. Place fresh fruits on top and pour or brush with the apricot glaze. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 min for firmness.
- **Bavarian Cream (Home made, 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together the gelatin and cold water. Set aside to soften. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt until smooth.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Stir a small amount into the egg yolk mixture, and then stir the egg yolk mixture into the hot milk until well blended. Whisk in the softened gelatin and vanilla. Run through a strainer, and allow to cool.
- 3. When the mixture has cooled almost to room temperature, whip the heavy cream to medium stiffness and fold into it. Refrigerate until ready to use.