Take your wedding cakes to the next level of bling with this brand new class taught by ‘The Cake Genius’ herself, Jennifer Bratko! Jennifer will knock your socks off with multiple techniques using edible silver leaf, silk screened lace and wafer paper, which you’ll use to create your own gorgeous, three-tiered cake!
Edible silver leaf has a stunning brilliance that cannot be achieved with luster dust or airbrush sheens. Stringing silk screened sugar lace is so simple, you’ll never use a stencil again after learning this method. The pièce de résistance of this cake is the wired wafer paper peony, which takes only 1/10th of the time of gumpaste flowers. Sign up to learn the secret!
In this class you will learn:
- Technique for applying edible silver leaf, which can be used for edible gold leaf as well
- How to create and attach wired wafer paper peonies
- How to color wafer paper
- How to create fondant ribbon borders with sugar lace
- Silk screen method of creating sugar lace on cakes of any size and shape
- Time- and money-saving wedding cake design methods
- Jennifer’s design process for creating modern cakes with balance and style
- Jennifer’s methods for stacking tiered cakes
- Jennifer’s method of applying ultra-thin fondant
Is this class right for me?
This class is intended for the beginner decorator and above. Prior knowledge and experience with fondant is an asset, but not required.
Supplies and Tools
Students are required to bring the following materials:
All additional supplies and tools will be provided for your use by Cake Central Classes
Classes are non-refundable.