Pink Champagne WASC FTW
Edited on 4/25/13
- WASC Scratch CakeEdited on 8/20/12
- Simple Moist White Cake (Scratch WASC)Edited on 5/30/12
- Layered White Cake
- topicWhite Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
White Wedding Cake
Posted by AnonymousI thought I got this cake recipe from Cake Central, maybe the forums. Hmmmm. Anyway, it is perfect, in my opinion. I added some FYIï¿½s. It tastes like butter and a little of the vanilla taste and definitely not a dry cake. This recipe is durable for a wedding cake alright. It is a recipe I surely will be using for my family. I used the crusting buttercream recipe (Viva method-FYI: for the buttercream recipe I used the salted butter to cut down on sweetness and it tastes good & creamy-& not that sweet as I think it could have been). And, the buttercream looks like a snow white frosting. Pretty white!
White Wedding Cake
- Ingredients: 8 egg whites 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature only 2 cups granulated sugar 3 cups cake flour-sifted 2 teaspoons baking powder-sifted 1 teaspoon salt-sifted 1 cup half and half 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ï¿½F. Grease pan(s) using Wilton Pan Release OR grease and flour as usual.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter thoroughly, add sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy. Use only pure butter at room temperature. Do not allow butter to be melted. Butter should only be soft enough to cream. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with half and half. Beat in vanilla extract. Set aside. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, do not over beat.
- Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour the batter immediately into the greased pans. Tap pan on the countertop to release large air bubbles. Bake until done, about 30-45 min. (or until cake is completely away from the sides of the pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean). Take cake out of oven and let it set for 10 minutes to cool down a bit. Then remove the cake from the pan and place on a cooling rack until cake is at room temperature-which is about 1 hour.
- If you double the recipe-the batter will fill (1/2 way) a 10inch round pan, an 8inch round pan & a 6inch round pan. I also cooked all these sizes at the same time and they do not finish at the same time-the 6inch finished first then 10min. later the 8inch then about 15 min. later the 10inch. So, you need to check them.
- Also if you do double the recipe-you will use the whole box of cake flour (a 32oz-2lb box).
- When I doubled this recipe, using my Kitchen Aid mixer 4 ï¿½ qt. size bowl, it was too much for that bowl-so if you have the 4 ï¿½ qt. size, donï¿½t double the recipe. Do a single recipe only for that size bowl.
- WASC Scratch Cake
Currently, there are 850 Active Users (24 Members and 826 Guests)
- › cream cheese icing and fondant 8 minutes ago
- › decorating ideas 24 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 41 minutes ago
- › Home bakery starting.... Need help! 48 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 53 minutes ago
- › What's the one thing you don't do so well, that you wish you did? 56 minutes ago
- › Favorite Cookie Icing / Frosting 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Royal icing sugar 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Glassine bags 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Question about storing Tobi's Glaze 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950