Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Raspberry Cream CakeEdited on 8/26/06
- 7 egg pound cake (very easy)
Alphabetical Article List
White Trillium Cake
Posted by JanHThis cake was known in Louisville as Jenny Benedict's Souffle' Cake. Jenny Benedict was famous for the sandwiches, cakes, and ice creams that she served at her restaurant and in catering debutante parties and weddings in the early days of the twentieth century. We are told that Miss Benedict was very partial to flavoring her cakes with rum.
White Trillium Cake
- Cake: 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces 2 cups sugar 1 Tbsp. milk 1 cup water* 1 tsp. vanilla extract 6 large egg whites (approx. 6 oz.) Butter Frosting (recipe follows) *The water in the cake may surprise you, but water makes a lighter white cake than milk. Butter Frosting 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted 1 - 2 1/2 Tbsp. heavy or whipping cream, warmed 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, cognac vanilla or rum
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine the sifted flour with the baking powder and salt, and sift
- again. Set aside.
- 3. Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly with an electric mixer. Add
- the milk and beat hard. (The mixture will become smoother.)
- 4. Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar in batches, alternating
- with the water, beating it in by hand with a rubber spatula or whisk.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- 5. Beat the egg whites until they hold a stiff peak but are not dry and
- grainy. Gently fold them into the batter.
- 6. Spoon the batter into 2 greased and lightly floured or wax-paper-lined
- 9-inch cake pans. Place the pans on the middle shelf of the oven
- and bake until the layers spring back at once when lightly touched,
- 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7. Remove the pans from the oven and allow them to rest a few
- minutes. Then turn them out onto cake racks and let them cool
- Butter Frosting:
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a processor or with an electric mixer. Add the cream gradually, stirring until the frosting has a good spreading consistency. Stir in your choice of flavoring.
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Currently, there are 794 Active Users (18 Members and 776 Guests)
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 6 minutes ago
- › almond, vanilla extract... is there nuts? 10 minutes ago
- › Cupcake inserts do not fit 15 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 48 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 53 minutes ago
- › Gluten-free vegan baking..HELP!! 54 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 55 minutes ago
- › Anyone hiring in Las Vegas? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Ways to accept payment in uk 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Sam's Club 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950