White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
Whipped Icing III
Posted by LenoreThis icing has been in the family for years. Almost every cake I had as a child was topped with this icing thus it is my favorite. I enjoy it best on a devils food cake with the icing flavored with almond. It is a whipped cream icing recipe however my family called it ?wedding cake icing?. I have tried several whipped cream icing recipes to see if I could find one that I liked better. This one wins each time when taking both texture and flavor into consideration. It does take time to prepare with a moderate level of difficulty but is well worth the effort. My mom always made it a family effort and the children loved making it. When we were older, she had the boyfriends in on it as well! Enjoy!
Whipped Icing III
- 1 cup WHOLE milk 4 tbsp Robin Hood all-purpose flour 1 cup SUPERFINE sugar 1 cup soften SALTED butter 1 tsp McCormick vanilla or almond extract
- STEP 1
- Using a small size pot, add the flour to the whole milk, while stirring with a wire wisk.
- Heat the mixture on low, stirring CONSTANTLY with a wire wisk, until thickened to the consistency of a heavy gravy. The low temp and constant stirring prevents lumps from forming which will result in a lumpy icing.
- Place COVERED pot in the refrigerator until mixture is cool. Do not cool too long as mixture will develop a thick skin which will make the icing lumpy!
- STEP 2
- Cream the butter and sugar together until very smooth. It will take forever if you use regular sugar instead of superfine.
- Mix in the almond or vanilla.
- STEP 3
- Add the milk/flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture one tablespoon at a time. Allow each addition to mix thoroughly before adding the next. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
Currently, there are 915 Active Users (13 Members and 902 Guests)
- › How do I smooth buttercream after it's been refrigerated? 2 minutes ago
- › Mousse request 3 minutes ago
- › I've been left holding 130+ flowers!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Good vanilla cake recipe 6 minutes ago
- › How to make this track? 14 minutes ago
- › Need help with gumpaste sunflowers 17 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 30 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 36 minutes ago
- › Question on this design 45 minutes ago
- › edible tissue paper 48 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950