Butterscotch Cake-WASC method
Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- buckeyesEdited on 4/7/10
- double-chocolate fudge squares
- topicNorth American
Alphabetical Article List
Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake
Posted by flayvurdfunNot sure where my family got this, but it was a very popular cake for our families weddings (not mine but still) I used to ask my mother to make this for me every year for my birthday. It is great. I have had people ask me to make their birthday cake out of this, they absolutely love the frosting.
Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake
- For RV Cake 1/2 Cup solid Crisco 1 1/2 Cups sugar (granulated) 2 Eggs 2 oz Red Food Coloring (just until you get the color you want) 1 tsp Hershey unsweetened cocoa (baking cocoa powder) 2 1/2 cups of flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda 1 cup buttermilk 1 tsp white vinegar (I know I know but yes) 1 tsp vanilla For Frosting 3/4 Cup solid crisco 3/4 cup butter (or margarine) 1/2 tsp vanilla 1 cup plus 2 tbsp warm milk 1 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- For Cake
- Mix crisco, sugar, eggs, coloring, and cocoa together.
- Sift (though I never had to) flour, salt, and baking soda together then add it to the cocoa mix.
- Fold in the Buttermilk, vinegar and vanilla
- Put in 2 9"pans and bake at 350 degrees for roughly 30 min. You can tell its done, its like any other cake.
- Let cake cool completely. Once cool completely cut each layer into two more layers so you have 4 layers.
- Let sit while you prepare frosting.
- To prepare frosting
- Beat crisco and butter together for 10 mins at high speed (i know, this is the part I hate, but its a must to get the frosting fluffy)
- then add vanilla and sugar and slowly add warm milk. Mix for just a small bit until frosting is fluffy.
- I made the frosting for cupcakes for my 7 year old Christmas party. They loved it, but the parents raved about the taste and texture.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 1027 Active Users (39 Members and 988 Guests)
- › Pricing spread sheet?? 4 minutes ago
- › Ruffle cake 10 minutes ago
- › Frosting 10 minutes ago
- › What do you guys think of my first decorated cake 10 minutes ago
- › Can I use white chocolate cream cheese frosting for ruffle cake? 13 minutes ago
- › First "Real" Cake 14 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 20 minutes ago
- › Cake needed for this Sunday in Puyallup, WA 45 minutes ago
- › Help making Antlers for Deer Cake 46 minutes ago
- › cake help 56 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan