Chunky Apple Cake
Edited on 10/21/06
- Washington Apple CakeEdited on 8/15/04
- Romanian Apple CakeEdited on 8/15/04
- Pinto Bean Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Very Moist Gumdrop Cake
Posted by AnonymousThe cake says it all; it is very moist.
Very Moist Gumdrop Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened 3 cups packed brown sugar 6 eggs 9 cups golden raisins 3 pounds gumdrops 3 cups unsweetened applesauce 3 teaspoons baking soda 3 tablespoons hot water 6 cups all-purpose flour 3 teaspoons salt 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon 2 cups red and green candied cherries 1 cup chopped walnuts
1 Place raisins in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain all water from raisins.
2 In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour into gumdrops, cherries, nuts, and drained raisins.
3 In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs. Mix in applesauce. Stir remaining flour, salt, and cinnamon into creamed mixture. Dissolve soda dissolved in hot water. Mix into batter well. Stir in floured fruit.
4 Line an angel food pan with parchment paper, and grease with butter or margarine. Pour batter to within one inch of the top of pan.
5 Bake 3 hours at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). When nearly done, cover top of cake with a piece of tinfoil to prevent top of cake from overcooking.
- Washington Apple Cake
- › Cake Lettering Help!!! 21 seconds ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 2 minutes ago
- › How long do cakes stay fresh 4 minutes ago
- › Cake Photo's With Faces Clarification 8 minutes ago
- › Hydrangea help!! 10 minutes ago
- › how to make fondant shiny 26 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 59 minutes ago
- › How do I smooth buttercream after it's been refrigerated? 59 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › diamonte on the cake 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950