Edited on 1/9/12
- Flo's Pumpkin CheesecakeEdited on 6/13/11
- Keylime CheesecakeEdited on 6/13/11
- cinnamon roll cheesecake
Alphabetical Article List
Very Berry Cheesecake
Posted by AnonymousA rich reward for picking your way through the thorny brambles. Use your choice of fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, boysenberries and/or chopped pitted cherries. If you don't want to use alcohol, you may substitute orange juice.
Very Berry Cheesecake
- 40 vanilla wafers, crushed 6 tablespoons butter, melted 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup white sugar 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup cottage cheese, creamed 1/4 cup cherry brandy 3 eggs 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries 1 tablespoon cherry brandy 1 tablespoon white sugar
1 In a medium bowl, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inch up the sides of an 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Stir in the 1/4 cup cherry brandy. Beat in eggs on low speed just till combined. You do not want do incorporate too much air into the batter.
3 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pour half of the cheese mixture into the crust-lined pan. Spread 1 cup of the fruit on top. Top with remaining cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the fruit. Place in a shallow baking pan in the preheated oven.
4 Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
5 For topping, in a medium bowl combine remaining 2 cups fruit, 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with fruit topping.
- Flo's Pumpkin Cheesecake
- › Need Help with Price 10 seconds ago
- › how much strawberry flavouring 8 minutes ago
- › Pricing question 8 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 11 minutes ago
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 16 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 34 minutes ago
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 35 minutes ago
- › Brands of icing sugar... 37 minutes ago
- › Julianne's Ultimate cake pricing matrix update 40 minutes ago
- › What do you think? 50 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan