Related Forum Threads
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Chocolate Spice Cake
Edited on 11/15/10
- Spice Cake Extender with Cream Cheese icingEdited on 10/27/07
- Super Moist Pumpkin Spice CakeEdited on 10/27/07
- Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Vermont Spice Cake
Posted by AnonymousEnjoy this maple-flavored cake crowned with a cream cheese frosting sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Vermont Spice Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 1 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 3/4 cup butter 3 large eggs 1 1/2 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 1/2 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 1/4 cup water 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 1/3 cup butter 3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar 2 teaspoons maple flavored extract chopped nuts and nut halves (optional)
1 PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch-round cake pans.
2 COMBINE flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin, evaporated milk, water and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared cake pans.
3 BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
4 BEAT cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Add maple flavoring; mix well.
5 CUT each cake in half horizontally with long, serrated knife. Frost between layers and on top of cake, leaving sides unfrosted. Garnish with nuts, if desired.
6 NOTE: To make a 2-layer cake, frost between layers, over top and on sides of cake.
- Spice Cake Extender with Cream Cheese icing
- › Borders we love Pt.2 (fondant) 2 minutes ago
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 9 minutes ago
- › Wet towel trick don't work for me 12 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 16 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 41 minutes ago
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Heavy cream left out 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking