Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Vegan CakeEdited on 10/5/05
- Wacky CakeEdited on 6/12/11
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Vegan white cake
Posted by AnonymousThis recipe is vegan as written. It is considered a white cake, but usually does not turn out looking "white." It can also be altered to nearly any flavor by changing the liquid. It could even be made into a chocolate cake by adding 1 cup cocoa powder (and reducing flour by 1/2 cup) although I have never tried this. I have used this cake several times for wedding cakes and it its quite stable. It is a moist cake that is easy to work with and decorate. Flax seeds can be ground in a blender or clean coffee grinder.
Vegan white cake
- 3 1/2 cups AP Flour 2 teaspoons Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon Salt 2 cups Vegan Sugar (a little more or less to taste is ok) 1/2 cup Vegan Margarine (I only use Earth Balance Margarine http://www.earthbalance.net/) 3 tablespoons Apple Sauce 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds (mixed with 2 tablespoons water and set aside) 2 cups Liquid (I use 1/2 soymilk, 1/2 carbonated water or any flavor thin fruit puree/juice, or all 3) 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract or other flavoring (optional) 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and
- flour cake pan(s) or line with parchment.
- 2) Sift together first three ingredients (Dry?s).
- 3) Cream together sugar and margarine. Add apple sauce
- and flax seeds.
- 4) Mix together all other ingredients (Wet's) except vinegar.
- 5) Alternate mixing Dry's and Wet's into sugar mixture,
- starting and ending with Dry's.
- 6) Right before putting into the oven, mix the white vinegar
- into the batter and pour into cake pan(s) using slightly
- less that recommended amounts for each pan.
- 7) Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cakes test done (toothpick
- test or other).
- Vegan and yummy!
- Vegan Cake
Currently, there are 777 Active Users (18 Members and 759 Guests)
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 13 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 29 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! DISASTER with Michelle Foster fondant recipe!! 38 minutes ago
- › Best selling cupcake flavors 48 minutes ago
- › Mad Hatter Failure............... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Spider-Man head help 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › almond essence and almond extract flavour 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › colour of pluto? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Boutique stand shape with rice krispies - How 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › colour of pluto? 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net