Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Vegan CakeEdited on 10/5/05
- Wacky CakeEdited on 6/12/11
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Vegan white cake
Posted by AnonymousThis recipe is vegan as written. It is considered a white cake, but usually does not turn out looking "white." It can also be altered to nearly any flavor by changing the liquid. It could even be made into a chocolate cake by adding 1 cup cocoa powder (and reducing flour by 1/2 cup) although I have never tried this. I have used this cake several times for wedding cakes and it its quite stable. It is a moist cake that is easy to work with and decorate. Flax seeds can be ground in a blender or clean coffee grinder.
Vegan white cake
- 3 1/2 cups AP Flour 2 teaspoons Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon Salt 2 cups Vegan Sugar (a little more or less to taste is ok) 1/2 cup Vegan Margarine (I only use Earth Balance Margarine http://www.earthbalance.net/) 3 tablespoons Apple Sauce 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds (mixed with 2 tablespoons water and set aside) 2 cups Liquid (I use 1/2 soymilk, 1/2 carbonated water or any flavor thin fruit puree/juice, or all 3) 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract or other flavoring (optional) 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and
- flour cake pan(s) or line with parchment.
- 2) Sift together first three ingredients (Dry?s).
- 3) Cream together sugar and margarine. Add apple sauce
- and flax seeds.
- 4) Mix together all other ingredients (Wet's) except vinegar.
- 5) Alternate mixing Dry's and Wet's into sugar mixture,
- starting and ending with Dry's.
- 6) Right before putting into the oven, mix the white vinegar
- into the batter and pour into cake pan(s) using slightly
- less that recommended amounts for each pan.
- 7) Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cakes test done (toothpick
- test or other).
- Vegan and yummy!
- Vegan Cake
Currently, there are 678 Active Users (15 Members and 663 Guests)
- › Do you assemble a 3 tier on site? 3 minutes ago
- › Wedding cakes 15 minutes ago
- › best white cake recipe 28 minutes ago
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 36 minutes ago
- › almond, vanilla extract... is there nuts? 40 minutes ago
- › Cupcake inserts do not fit 45 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Gluten-free vegan baking..HELP!! 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950