Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Vegan Chocolate CakeEdited on 2/15/06
- Ultra Orange CakeEdited on 2/15/06
- Vegan white cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis recipe is vegan as written, meaning it contains no animal products. It is considered a white cake, but usually does not turn out looking "white." It can also be altered to nearly any flavor by changing the liquid. It could even be made into a chocolate cake (by adding 1 cup cocoa powder, reducing flour by 1/2 cup, and using chocolate soymilk as the liquid) although I have never tried this. I have used this cake several times for wedding cakes and it its quite stable. It is a moist cake that is easy to work with and decorate. Flax seeds are not absolutely necessary, but using them produces better results and can be ground in a blender or clean coffee grinder.
- ? 3 ½ cups Flour ? 2 teaspoon Baking Soda ? ¼ teaspoon Salt (try this amount, can go to 1/2) ? 2 cup Vegan Sugar (some sugars are processed with animal bones and are not vegan. sucanat, turbinado, unrefined cane sugars are all ok.) ? ½ cup Vegan Margarine (Earth Balance Margarine is best) ? 3 T Applesauce ? 1 T ground Flax Seeds and water ? 2 cups liquid (I like ½ Soymilk, ½ clear, not-too-sweet, carbonated beverage/water, or thin fruit puree/juice, or all 3) ? 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract ? ½ teaspoon Almond Extract or other flavoring (optional) ? 3 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and
- flour cake pan(s) or line with parchment.
- 2) Sift together first three ingredients (Dry?s).
- 3) Cream together sugar and margarine. Add apple sauce
- and flax seeds.
- 4) Mix together all other ingredients (Wet's) except vinegar.
- 5) Alternate mixing Dry's and Wet's into sugar mixture,
- starting and ending with Dry's.
- 6) Right before putting into the oven, gently mix the
- vinegar into the batter and pour into cake pan(s) using
- slightly less that recommended amounts for each pan.
- 7) Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cakes test done (toothpick
- test or other).
- Vegan and yummy!
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
Currently, there are 951 Active Users (23 Members and 928 Guests)
- › fondant figure.? 5 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 8 minutes ago
- › Marshmallow fondant... For sculpting? 10 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 20 minutes ago
- › Chevron/Zig Zag Fondant Cutter 20 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 27 minutes ago
- › I made cream puffs.... 29 minutes ago
- › 2" or 3" Deep Pans for Wedding Cakes? 41 minutes ago
- › Tree trunk cake... 44 minutes ago
- › How do I fill a 3D Train Cake? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking