Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Greek Honey CakeEdited on 4/26/04
- German Christmas GingerbreadEdited on 4/26/04
- German Chocolate Cake II
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is our family's New Year's cake. A coin is baked in the cake, and the person who finds the coin in their slice is has good luck for the year; they also get a prize.
- 1 cup butter, softened 1 3/4 cups white sugar 5 eggs 2 tablespoons water 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2 In a large bowl, blend together the butter or margarine and the sugar. Separate 3 of the eggs; add the yolks and the 2 remaining whole eggs to the butter mixture. Stir in the vanilla and water.
3 In another bowl, sift together the baking powder and flour. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
4 Whip 3 egg whites until they are foamy. Add 1 tablespoon sugar. Continue to whip the whites until they are stiff, but not dry. Fold whipped whites into batter.
5 Pour the batter into a greased 10 x 4 inch tube pan. Wrap a large coin in foil, and place the coin in the batter. Press the coin down; it should be completely hidden. Sprinkle the nuts and seeds on top of the batter.
6 Bake the cake for about 70 minutes, or until done. Cool on a wire rack.
- Greek Honey Cake
- › Help Help please :( 9 minutes ago
- › Questions about SugarVeil Icing 17 minutes ago
- › partnering with a venue 28 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake servings from 9x13 or 11x15 31 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 34 minutes ago
- › Please helps make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures!! 44 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › How do i make a honey pot / jar with gumpaste / fondant 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Duff cake mix...seriously???? 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › whipped buttercream 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950