Malone's Pound Cake
Edited on 6/24/12
- CREAM CHEESE POUNDCAKE!!Edited on 6/7/11
- Lemon Pound CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Cappuccino Triple Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
- topicPound Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Vanilla Pound Cake
Posted by BlueRose8302This is my favorite cake! My mother says it tastes like "A vanilla Milkshake." This is the cake that I use for the bottom of a lot of stacked cakes because it is so sturdy and such a wonderful cake! I hope that everything really loves this recipe as much as we do! Thanks so much!
Vanilla Pound Cake
- Dry: un-bleached all purpose flour- 2 ½ cups + 3 tbs Corn starch- 1 tbs Salt- ½ tsp Baking soda- ¼ tsp Liquid: sour cream- 8 ounces (1 cup) Heavy cream- 2 tbs Brandy extract 1 tsp Rum extract 1 tsp Vanilla extract- 4 tbs (I know...but yes!) Creaming: unsalted butter-at room temp 2 sticks Extra fine sugar- 3 cups Eggs- 5 Yolk- 1
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Rack in the middle.
- Sift flour and measure all dry ingredients. Mix together in a bowl.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together in a different bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar in mixer on low for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and then the yolk. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add some of the dry and then some of the liquid back and forth 3-5 times beginning and ending with dry. Don?t wait for it to be completely mixed before adding more.
- Scrape sides of bowl.
- Mix on medium about 15-20 seconds.
- Prepare pans with non-stick spray.
- For a bundt cake, bake for 50-55 minutes. For 2 9-inch, bake 28 minutes. For cupcakes, bake for 15 minutes.
- CREAM CHEESE POUNDCAKE!!
Currently, there are 1047 Active Users (23 Members and 1024 Guests)
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 5 minutes ago
- › Good vanilla cake recipe 11 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Pricing 19 minutes ago
- › Strawberry filling 22 minutes ago
- › Princess mold (repost again) 31 minutes ago
- › whipped buttercream 34 minutes ago
- › Great tip from my instructor! 34 minutes ago
- › Chocolate Transfer Sheet Instruction link 36 minutes ago
- › The wedding cake and the flowers for the cake... 36 minutes ago
- › Shots of Cake Balls 37 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950