Posted by newlywedwsI stumbled across this recipe a few years ago and after tweaking it plenty of times, I'm finally satisfied by the outcome. I dislike sour cream in my cheesecake, so that was the first thing to be removed, followed by the lemon juice. I also can't stand cheesecakes w/o the crust, so that was the next thing I added. Come on, if you're gonna eat cheesecake, it's gotta be good! If you are watching your waistline, there are a few things you can do which I have done, and it doesn't impact the flavour too much - you can use vanilla wafers instead of graham cracker crumbs, you can use a combo of regular, 1/3 less fat, and fat free Philly, you can use a combo of splenda and sugar, etc., Regardless, this is definately a great cheesecake recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1/2 cup white sugar 1/4 cup butter, melted 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 5 eggs 2 egg yolks 1 3/4 cups white sugar 1/8 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of the white sugar, and the melted butter together. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9"-10" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs and egg yolks; mix until smooth. Add the remaining 1 3/4 cups white sugar, the flour and the heavy cream. Blend until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then turn oven temperature down to 200 degrees F and continue baking for 1 hour, or until filling is set. Let cheesecake cool, then refrigerate.
- To prevent a cracked cheesecake I suggest baking the crust first (for about 8 minutes) then fill the crust and follow the remaining baking directions from that point on. If you follow the recipe as is...about 612 calories per slice