Posted by Pebbles13These are the perfect chocolate chip cookie. They are filled with chocolate and are nice and soft inside! I highly recommend the Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips if you can get them. It sets these cookies apart from any others!
Tricia's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. salt 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats 1 cup Crisco 1/2 cup unsalted butter (don't let it get too soft) 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 4 eggs, divided (2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks ) 1 Tbsp. vanilla 1/2 tsp. lemon juice 3 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line large (18- by 12-inch) baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and oats together; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl of an electric mixer cream together Crisco, butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Add whole eggs, one at a time, then egg yolks, on low speed until light and creamy. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice on low, making sure all ingredients are mixed in well..
- 4. Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- 5. Use 3 Tbsp. for a medium-sized cookie, or 1/4 cup cookie dough for a larger cookie. I fill a 1/4 cup measuring cup then hit the cup upside down onto a cooled, parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake in a 325 degree F oven until light golden brown and still puffy, and the edges have begun to set but the centers are still soft for approximately 13 - 16 minutes. Don't overcook if you like your cookies really soft inside. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then transfer cookies to cooling rack.