Edited on 7/31/09
- Chocolate/Sweet Potato CakeEdited on 8/16/07
- Pumpkin Cake w/ Maple Nut FrostingEdited on 11/21/06
- Zucchini Cake IV
Alphabetical Article List
Treasure Chest Cake
Posted by AnonymousA fruity spice cake that has been in our family for years. The frosting is really tasty.
Treasure Chest Cake
- 1 large orange 1 cup raisins 1 cup walnuts 1/2 cup shortening 1 cup white sugar 1 cup buttermilk 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 cups confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon orange zest
1 Sqeeze the juice from the orange, and then remove the white from the peel. Place the peel, nuts and raisins in a food processor, and grind coarsely. Add the orange juice to the nut mixture.
2 Cream the shortening and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat the egg, and add it to the creamed mixture.
3 Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, and spices. Add the flour mixture alternately with the the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Stir in 3/4 of the nut mixture, and reserve the rest for the icing.
4 Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour. Cool.
5 To Make Frosting: Blend the cream and vanilla with the confectioners' sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the remaining nut mixture and the grated orange rind. Frost the cooled cake with this icing.
- Chocolate/Sweet Potato Cake
- › Creativity drought 5 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 7 minutes ago
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 9 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 11 minutes ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 13 minutes ago
- › Wet towel trick don't work for me 17 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 25 minutes ago
- › CÓMO LOGRAR BIZCOCHOS ALTOS 37 minutes ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 40 minutes ago
- › Price the Cupcakes! 42 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking