5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Torta De Hojas
Posted by AnonymousI loved this recipe 27 years ago when I was in Chile. I haven't made it in years, but I do remember my family really enjoyed it.
Torta De Hojas
- 4 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 7/8 cup butter 3 egg yolks 1 cup milk 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk 1 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup brandy 1/4 cup water
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
2 In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Blend in the egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. The dough will be stiff like a cookie dough. Divide the dough into 10 pieces and shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 9 inch circle. Place on cookie sheets and prick with a fork in several places.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
4 Make the Caramel Filling: In a sauce pan, boil the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours. Monitor the water closely, to make sure there is always water in the pan. Remove can from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. In a small measuring cup, combine the brandy and water.
5 Place one cookie layer on serving plate. Sprinkle with brandy mixture, then spread with the now thickened condensed milk. Sprinkle with nuts. Continue stacking until all layers are used.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › Pricing my cake... 53 seconds ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 minute ago
- › PLEASE HELP! 9 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 18 minutes ago
- › Poll...use this or that... 23 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 37 minutes ago
- › Crumb Boss Recipes 49 minutes ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 50 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 51 minutes ago
- › JASON, Helllppp! 55 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking