Posted by AsharEdithWhat boricua doesn't love Tres Leche?
THREE MILKS CAKE (Bizcocho Tres Leches)
- 4 eggs, separated 1 butter stick 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup cerned cake flour Milks blend 1 cup evaporated milk 1 lt. 14 oz. sweet condensed milk 1 cup fresh milk (whole) Meringue 4 eggs white ½ cup granulated sugar ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 350° F. Greased a 10"mold. In the electric blender mix butter with sugar and eggs yolks until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and the cake flour. Beat the eggs white until stiff and mix with butter in surrounding form. Pour mixture in the mold and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Unmold the cake. Clean the mold. Put back the cake in the mold.
- Mix three milks and pour over cake. Put it in the fridge and let it absorb the milk for a few hours. (I leave it ovrenight.)
- Beat the whites until stiff, add the sugar little by little and the cream of tartar.
- CAREFULLY Unmold your already-moist cake and decorate with the meringue over the sponge cake.
- oPTIONAL... Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until meringue is golden. LOTS OF CALORIES!!!