Chocolate Cake from Pillsbury White Box Cake mix
Edited on 10/27/12
- My Altered WASC Cake RecipeEdited on 10/24/12
- WASC Pepper Zing CakeEdited on 7/31/12
- Peanut Butter Cake
- topicCake Mix Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
The *Original* WASC cake recipe
Posted by kakeladiKakeladi's ORIGINAL White Almond Sour Cream cake recipe. Read thru the whole recipe before you start. Note the extra info at the end. Enjoy your baking!
The *Original* WASC cake recipe
- The *original* WASC cake recipe by kakeladi 1 box cake mix (I prefer Betty Crocker) *see notes at end 1 cup flour* 1 cup granulated sugar generous dash of salt 1 cup sour cream* 1 cup water * 3 whole eggs 1 tablespoon flavoring*
- In bowl mix together dry ingredients. It's helpful to use a wire whisk; important w/choco cake not so much for other flavors.
- In mixer bowl place next 4 ingredients. Add about 1/2 of the dry ingredients and blend together, then add the rest of the dry ingredients & blend. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans * and bake as usual.
- *NOTES: *ANY* cake flavor can be used. Some tell me they just dump all ingredients into the bowl together others say they sift all dry ingredients together.
- Match the flavoring to the cake flavor such use lemon/almond mix for lemon cake; strawberry for a strawberry cake etc, etc. For most flavors you can use a mixture of vanilla, butter, and almond which is what I do most of the time.
- You can use milk, juice, thawed fzn concentrates, soda pop (ie: Coke) cream or just about anything wet for the liquid.
- This recipe is based on mixing in a kitchenaid mixer. I use position #1 to stir it, then #4 to mix the batter.
- Most of the time I forget to add the salt:)
- On rare occasions I have used other brands of mix.
- This makes the amount of batter as if you used 1 1/2 mixes and is perfect for a 10" sq OR 9x13 OR one 8" & two 6" round;OR two 8"rounds OR a 12" round; and other combinations of pans.
- I prefer to bake at 300 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (depending on size of cake) then turn oven up to 325 for about an equal time. If cake has pulled away from sides it is overbaked. After cooling, the top might be a bit sticky.
- Some people have told me they use plain or flavored yogurt instead of sour cream.
- I've always used all purpose flour. Some tell me they use cake flour but then the amount is less - maybe 3/4 cup - not sure.
- The flavoring I most often use is this mixture:
- 1 part vanilla extract
- 1/2 part butter flavoring
- 1/4 part almond flavoring
- A "Part" is any measure be it teaspoon; tablespoon; cup or quart Smile Since I made many wedding cakes I usually mixed it up by the cup:) Lots of calories, sugar, and fat - the same as any other cake :)
- My Altered WASC Cake Recipe
Currently, there are 592 Active Users (16 Members and 576 Guests)
- › colour of pluto? 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! DISASTER with Michelle Foster fondant recipe!! 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Press Article... can't hurt business!! 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › HELP for wedding cake:can i make gumpaste ruffles on MMF covered cake? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Verity of cakes 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Strawberry Cake 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › transporting a full sheet cake 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net