Flan Mexican II
Edited on 6/7/11
- Pineapple Coconut WASCEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- pastel de merengue
Alphabetical Article List
The Best Tres Leches Cake
Posted by mamapastel
This recipe is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I have used this recipe to make my cousins wedding cake!
The Best Tres Leches Cake
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 eggs seperated
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Soaking liquid
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1/3 C heavy cream
1. Heat oven to 350. Coat 10 inch round springform pan with nonstick spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; caot paper.
2. Cake: Whisk flour and baking powder together. In bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add 1/4 C of sugar, until stiff peaks form.
3. In seperate bowl, beat yolks with remaining 1 C sugar and van until thickened, about 3 min. Fold in whites, then flour mixture. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 38 min or until top springs back when pressed. Cool in pan for 10 to 15 min.
4. In bowl, whisk the milks together. With a wooden spoon, poke holes all over top of cake.
5. Place cake pan on plate or rack, and carefully pour milk mixture over cake until all soaked in. refridgerate overnight or for at least 6 to 8 hrs.
6. Take sides of pan off and invert cake on plate or platter. Take off waxed paper.
7. I top mine with fresh whipped cream stabalized with piping gel for more stability. You can also use frozen thawed whipped topping in a pinch. Add fresh fruit to your liking, or other pie fillings.
* To make this a Pina Colada cake, switch the condensed milk for a can of cream of coconut, add crushed pineapple to top of cake before topping with fresh cream. Some sliced almonds around the sides, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries and flaked coconut on top for garnish! This is my husbands favorite cake! I hope you will enjoy too!! Who cares, its sooo good!!
- Pineapple Coconut WASC
- › Frosting 16 seconds ago
- › dusting and steaming gumpaste 1 minute ago
- › Cake needed for this Sunday in Puyallup, WA 4 minutes ago
- › First "Real" Cake 4 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 5 minutes ago
- › cracked buttercream 5 minutes ago
- › Late night cake ANXIETY--- Please help me 7 minutes ago
- › Whipped cream filling in carved cake? 11 minutes ago
- › what color ribbon and cupcake liners for these colors of wedding... 20 minutes ago
- › Belly cake!!! 26 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan