Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Edited on 5/19/08
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Gluten Free Cake flour blendEdited on 8/19/12
- Simple 'n Moist Strawberry re-mix
Alphabetical Article List
The Best Pavlova
Posted by AnonymousAustralian dessert with a meringue base, topped with fresh cream and fruit. This is a recipe that I have experimented with and all my friends and family say it's the best pavlova they've ever tasted!
The Best Pavlova
- 3 egg whites 1 pinch salt 1 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar 1 pint fresh strawberries
1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Draw a 9 inch circle on the parchment. An easy way to do this is to draw around the outside of a 9 inch pan with a pencil.
2 In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar gradually, while continuing to whip. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cornstarch; lightly fold into meringue with lemon juice.
3 Spread a layer of meringue to fit circle on parchment, approximately 1/4 inch thick. With remainder of mixture, pipe or spoon swirls around the edges to form a shallow bowl shape.
4 Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 hour. Turn off oven, but leave meringue in oven for an additional 30 minutes. When cool, the meringue should be hard on the outside, and slightly moist on the inside.
5 In a large bowl, combine the cream and half a cup of confectioners sugar, and whip until thickened. Decorate with fruit of your choice; strawberries are excellent.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › What words should best describe your cake? 8 minutes ago
- › Whipped cream filling in carved cake? 10 minutes ago
- › Bhahaha!!! Graduation "Cat!" 12 minutes ago
- › Metallic Gold Chevron Print 14 minutes ago
- › Frosting my cake 15 minutes ago
- › How much to charge Angry bird and gift box cake??? 17 minutes ago
- › Doubling a Wacky Cake recipe ? 19 minutes ago
- › Red Velvet (pound?) Cake recipe dense enough to stack 3 teir 37 minutes ago
- › How much batter per cupcake? 38 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cake I saw 55 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan