Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Peanut Butter Cake BallsEdited on 10/24/07
- Vermont Maple Pecan CakeEdited on 4/2/07
- German Chocolate Cake Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Texas Sheet Cake III
Posted by AnonymousI make this cake frequently; it's a standard recipe that makes the rounds at church regularly--at home in Texas. Now, I'm in Pennsylvania and am introducing it to my northern friends and fellow church-goers:). Enjoy it again! EXCELLENT with vanilla bean ice cream.
Texas Sheet Cake III
- 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup shortening 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate 1 cup water 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 2 cups white sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup buttermilk 2 eggs, beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup butter 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted 6 tablespoons milk 1 pound confectioners' sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup chopped pecans
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch cake pan.
2 In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup shortening, 2 ounces chocolate, and water. Heat until chocolate is melted; set aside.
3 In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Add melted butter/chocolate mixture, and beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4 Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake tests done. Five minutes before cake is done, make frosting.
5 To make frosting: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 2 ounces chocolate, and 6 tablespoons milk. Heat until bubbles form around the edge; remove from heat. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and nuts. Frost cake while still warm. Allow to cool totally before cutting.
- Peanut Butter Cake Balls
- › how do I make damask designs on a cake 59 seconds ago
- › How hard is it to use a stincile on the side of a fondant cake? 7 minutes ago
- › how to apply rhinestone banding to fondant covered cake. 11 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 14 minutes ago
- › told I'm 'too expensive' 18 minutes ago
- › What makes a good cake a good cake? 32 minutes ago
- › cracked buttercream 41 minutes ago
- › How do I make the flowers on this cake? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › sports logos 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a caramel cake recipe 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan