Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Chocolate Applesauce Cake IEdited on 5/5/04
- Yablochny Pirog (Belarus Apple Torte)Edited on 5/21/12
- Home-made Country Apple Dumplings
Alphabetical Article List
Tennessee Stack Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a lightly spiced stack cake that uses dried apples, though the apples are not spiced.
Tennessee Stack Cake
- 4 cups dried apples 2 2/3 cups water 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/4 cups white sugar 5/8 cup buttermilk 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup dried apple slices for garnish
1 In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups of dried apples and water. Bring to a boil, and let simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until apples are very soft. Mash the apples slightly, and stir in the sugar. Set aside to cool.
2 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3 In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the buttermilk, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ginger. Mix in the flour about 1 cup at a time to form a stiff dough. Divide dough into 5 equal portions. Pat each portion of the dough into a 9 inch circle on greased cookie sheets.
4 Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Carefully remove layers to a cooling rack.
5 Stack the layers onto a serving plate, spreading about 3/4 cup of the apple filling between each layer. Spread the rest of the filling over the top layer, and arrange dried apple slices on top for garnish. Let stand overnight before serving.
- Chocolate Applesauce Cake I
- › Strawberry Filling for 3 Tiered Fondant Cake 14 minutes ago
- › Cookie order 19 minutes ago
- › Bedtime stories! 35 minutes ago
- › Corset Cake....HOW???? 36 minutes ago
- › What equipment should I get to replace all the crap I have from W. 54 minutes ago
- › Help with pricing please! 56 minutes ago
- › Stacking 2 layer 8" and single 6" ? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Unmelted gelatin in my homemade marshmellow fondant...what am I... 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › great new royal icing idea! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › managing employees 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat