Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- 7 egg pound cake (very easy)Edited on 5/14/08
- Malone's Pound Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by monica7
- 3 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened 1 cup sugar 1 cup light brown sugar 4 eggs 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- Prepare potatoes first and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350, grease and flour 10" tube pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork to mix well and set aside. Combine milk and vanilla in small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter,sugar and brown sugar together at high speed until light and well combined, stopping once or twice to scrape down the bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well each time. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and mix at low speed for 1 minute, or until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Add about half of the flour mixture and beat gently at low speed, until flour disappears into batter. Add half of the milk mixture and mix gently to combine everything well. Mix in the remaining flour, then the remaining milk, beating gently only until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tube pan and bake at 350 for between 60 and 75 minutes or until the cake is evenly browned, springs back when touched gently in the center, and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on wire rack or a folded kitchen towel for 20 minutes. Turn out cake onto wire rack, top side up, and cool to room temperature. Enjoy!
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Currently, there are 1145 Active Users (30 Members and 1115 Guests)
- › Target Wedding Dress? 13 seconds ago
- › Oven or baking issues? Cake sinking 24 seconds ago
- › Jason should make a "Cake law book" 4 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 4 minutes ago
- › Mailbox News Back Issues 5 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! DISASTER with Michelle Foster fondant recipe!! 7 minutes ago
- › dry cakes 9 minutes ago
- › Cupcakes for wedding..Need some ideas please help 11 minutes ago
- › Suggestions please. Heel for a shoe 11 minutes ago
- › WASC recipe using "professional" cake mixes 13 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net