Posted by lutie
Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
- 3 cups butter, room temperature 1 cup vegetable shortening 2 - 32 oz. bags 10X sugar (powdered sugar) 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 1 over-flowing Tablespoon Creme Bouquet Dash Salt 24 oz jar of Strawberry Preserves
- Beat for 3 to 4 minutes:
- 3 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Crisco
- Add (slowly):
- 2 - 32 oz. bags 10X sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 over-flowing Tablespoon Creme Bouquet
- Dash salt
- Beat for 5 minutes and slowly add the rest of
- the heavy whipping cream, (It is your preference how
- much more you put into this).
- On the highest speed, "beat the dickens" out it for
- another 5 minutes.
- Out of this icing, take what you think will be enough for your cake filling and put it into a separate bowl.
- With a large spoon, add:
- 1/2 of a 24 oz. jar of Strawberry Preserves
- Fold into the butter cream and place between the layers of your cake.
- Use the rest of the butter cream to crumb coat your cake.