Posted by staceybootsI first tested this recipe when I was making a birthday for a coworker's son. I was pleasantly surprised by the intensity of the peanut butter flavour and I couldn't stop eating it. Hope you enjoy!!
Stacey's Peanut Butter Cake
- 2 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsps allpurpose flour 6 Tbsps cornstarch 3 tsps baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 4 ounces margarine/butter 4 ounces creamy peanut butter 2 cups of sugar 4 eggs 1 tsp Lorann peanut butter flavouring 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease and flour pans.
- Sift and combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together margarine/butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add flavouring.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the cake batter, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake until done.
- Remove cakes from the oven and set aside to cool completely before decorating or freezing.