Banana-Apple Spice Cake
Edited on 10/7/07
- Buttermilk yellow cakeEdited on 6/30/07
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingEdited on 10/24/12
- Banana cup cakes.
Alphabetical Article List
Spiced Banana Cake
Posted by AnonymousA really good, moist spice cake. Especially good with the Allspice Cream Cheese Frosting.
Spiced Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 1/4 teaspoons ground allspice 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 2 eggs 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup rolled oats 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup sour cream 1 cup mashed bananas
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
2 Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl.
3 In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine. Add brown sugar, sugar, allspice and nutmeg; beat until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix well. Add the sour cream; mix well. Add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients; mix well. Add half of the bananas; mix well. Repeat with remaining 1/3 of the dry ingredients and remaining bananas. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4 Bake until cake tests done, about 30 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then turn onto wire rack to cool. Frost with Allspice Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Buttermilk yellow cake
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 44 seconds ago
- › Price the Cupcakes! 13 minutes ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 14 minutes ago
- › Louisiana Cottage Food Law--LA Home Bakers please read 23 minutes ago
- › SPS materials locating panic attack 30 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 41 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 54 minutes ago
- › Regular Butter vs Sweet Cream Butter 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Help with this cake 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking