Applesauce Snack Cake
Edited on 5/29/09
- Banana-Apple Spice CakeEdited on 10/7/07
- Throw it Together CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Spicy Apple Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Special Frosted Applesauce Cake
Posted by AnonymousA cake made with applesauce covered with fondant frosting.
Special Frosted Applesauce Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs, beaten 1 cup thick, unsweetened applesauce 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 1 cup raisins 2 cups packed brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 2 tablespoons light corn syrup 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
2 Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
3 Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy, add eggs and beat well. Fold in applesauce and flour mixture. Mix well. Fold in raisins.
4 Pour batter into a parchment-lined 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before frosting.
5 Frosting Instructions: In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, white sugar, corn sugar and whipping cream. Cook, covered, over low heat 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover and cook to soft ball stage (240 degrees F/ 115 degrees C).
6 Cool to lukewarm, then beat to a spreading consistency and spread over cake.
- Banana-Apple Spice Cake
- › SPS materials locating panic attack 51 minutes ago
- › banana cake that I can carve and use fondant 54 minutes ago
- › I need a really moist cake recipe 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Website advice 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › fresh cream cakes 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › football shirt cake 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › SPS instructions 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake Pan Size 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Swiss Meringue Buttercream... 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan