Posted by emilyg
In a similar fashion as 'Brush Embroidery', you can create sketch-like effects with SugarVeil Icing.
List of Materials
- SugarVeil Icing
- Icing Dispenser, parchment cone, or piping bag fitted with small tip
- Flat toothpick
- parchment paper (greased)
1. Start with a simple flower design outlined with frilled edges.
2. Mix SugarVeil Icing as directed. After mixed, stir in a few drops of additional water to use in the SugarVeil Icing Dispenser. Place cartridge over mixture and, using plunger, fill cartridge 2/3 full with the icing. Here's the Icing Disenser - http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/index.htm. Alternately, you can use a parchment cone, or a piping bag fitted with a small tip.
3. Place a sheet of greased parchment over the design. Attach the largest tip (salmon-colored) to the cartridge and insert into the Icing Dispenser. Place your finger over the hole of the Icing Dispenser [http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/index.htm] and trace the outside lines. The reason for the frilled edges is so a substantial amount of icing can be placed at the edges of the petals.
4. Using a flat toothpick, pull the edges of the petal outlines toward the center in swift strokes, leaving small spaces between the strokes.
5. When the outer edges have all been 'pulled' inward to create sketched lines, use the Icing Dispenser to outline the second set of petals.
6. Use the flat toothpick again to pull the border line of the interior set of petals inward.
7. When SugarVeil Icing is set, remove the flower by pulling the parchment paper in a downward direction over a sharp edge.
8. (close up) Pulling the parchment paper in a downward direction over a sharp edge to release the set SugarVeil decoration.
9. Place these SugarVeil 'sketched' flowers onto any cake surface (ganache shown here), or float them atop a sauce for a plated dessert. with SugarVeil Confectionery Icing.
10. Close-up: SugarVeil 'sketched' flowers placed onto ganache cake. For other Mini-tutorials, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/SugarVeil-Icing/58910664892 and http://www.sugarveil.com.