Related Forum Threads
- Aussie Bakers (or anyone else in the know) I need your help. Last post on 12/22/12 at 1:23am in Cake Decorating
- Please HELP with my chocolate ganache. Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:13pm in Recipes
- Urgent help please on white choc ganache Last post on 12/1/12 at 5:50pm in Cake Decorating
- Making Royal Icing in Bulk? Last post on 11/29/12 at 3:53pm in Cake Decorating
- Cupcakes - how early can I cook and ice with fondant. Is 2 days to early. Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:20pm in Cupcakes!
Perfect White Chocolate Ganache Frosting Perfected
Edited on 4/4/11
- Crusting Lemon ButtercreamEdited on 6/13/11
- White Chocolate Butter Pecan GanacheEdited on 6/10/11
- Chocolate Ganache Filling
Alphabetical Article List
Sketching with SugarVeil
Posted by emilyg
In a similar fashion as 'Brush Embroidery', you can create sketch-like effects with SugarVeil Icing.
List of Materials
- SugarVeil Icing
- Icing Dispenser, parchment cone, or piping bag fitted with small tip
- Flat toothpick
- parchment paper (greased)
1. Start with a simple flower design outlined with frilled edges.
2. Mix SugarVeil Icing as directed. After mixed, stir in a few drops of additional water to use in the SugarVeil Icing Dispenser. Place cartridge over mixture and, using plunger, fill cartridge 2/3 full with the icing. Here's the Icing Disenser - http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/index.htm. Alternately, you can use a parchment cone, or a piping bag fitted with a small tip.
3. Place a sheet of greased parchment over the design. Attach the largest tip (salmon-colored) to the cartridge and insert into the Icing Dispenser. Place your finger over the hole of the Icing Dispenser [http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/index.htm] and trace the outside lines. The reason for the frilled edges is so a substantial amount of icing can be placed at the edges of the petals.
4. Using a flat toothpick, pull the edges of the petal outlines toward the center in swift strokes, leaving small spaces between the strokes.
5. When the outer edges have all been 'pulled' inward to create sketched lines, use the Icing Dispenser to outline the second set of petals.
6. Use the flat toothpick again to pull the border line of the interior set of petals inward.
7. When SugarVeil Icing is set, remove the flower by pulling the parchment paper in a downward direction over a sharp edge.
8. (close up) Pulling the parchment paper in a downward direction over a sharp edge to release the set SugarVeil decoration.
9. Place these SugarVeil 'sketched' flowers onto any cake surface (ganache shown here), or float them atop a sauce for a plated dessert. with SugarVeil Confectionery Icing.
10. Close-up: SugarVeil 'sketched' flowers placed onto ganache cake. For other Mini-tutorials, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/SugarVeil-Icing/58910664892 and http://www.sugarveil.com.
- Crusting Lemon Buttercream
Currently, there are 726 Active Users (19 Members and 707 Guests)
- › Unmelted gelatin in my homemade marshmellow fondant...what am I... 5 minutes ago
- › great new royal icing idea! 7 minutes ago
- › managing employees 10 minutes ago
- › Using wodden skweres to stick cake onto board 13 minutes ago
- › READY TO GIVE UP AND RESORT TO BOX MIXES- HELP! 17 minutes ago
- › Help with petal dust colors..... 24 minutes ago
- › What equipment should I get to replace all the crap I have from W. 38 minutes ago
- › Corset Cake....HOW???? 38 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › new buisness 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat