Describe 'Simple Sugar Flower Tutorial' here
This is a really easy to make flower. No cutters needed. Easy flower to start learning with step-by-step picture tutorial. My Sugar Flowers giveaway is still open until 4/28/13.
You will need:
wires (I used white wrapped wires the ones from Walmart)
pointy tool or use like a pen
optional: green and pink color dust or shimmer
stamens (I used store bought)
You can make the stamens your self. To make em: take a thread and dip it with white glue then run your fingers truth. Cut the threads, gather em into a bundle and attach to the wire.
Take a small piece of Gum paste. Make rectangular round shape. It's about 3/4 of an inch.
Make a funnel with a pointy tool. Use corn starch for the tip so it wont stick.
Make it like this.
Cut into 5 equal petals.
Then make the edges of the petals round with scissors.
This is the fun part:)
Take the tooth pick and start shaping petals. Gently roll out a stack of each petal. Pull gently each petal from the middle with tooth pick like in the picture. Then make a line in the middle to give a petal shape.
You can leave em white. I used pink shimmer powder.
Make a small hook with the wire.
Dip it into water then stick it in the flower bottom.
Stick the stamens in dip em in water first.
Optional: brush green color on the bottom of the flower.
Stick em into the styrofoam to dry.
Cake Central Top Picks
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1330 Active Users (22 Members and 1308 Guests)
- › Disco Dust 5 minutes ago
- › Accepting payments for Cakes 12 minutes ago
- › When to airbrush-before or after? And other questions! 17 minutes ago
- › Cake in a gumpaste bowl? 26 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 27 minutes ago
- › Cut cake to correct size? 32 minutes ago
- › Mad... I need to vent! 41 minutes ago
- › Software 44 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 45 minutes ago
- › No Order$$ = No Business... I'd appreciate any help 49 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar