Pineapple Coconut WASC
Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Bizcocho DominicanoEdited on 11/12/10
- Cinnamon Cake - Puerto Rico Method
Alphabetical Article List
Scratch Pina Colada Cake
Posted by caymancake
This is a small recipe as it was originally based on a cupcake recipe I cam across. It bakes into a cake very nicely and doubles and triples easily. One batch will yield a tall 6 cake, a short 8 cake or 12-15 cupcakes. It always gets rave reviews though!
Some useful tips:
- if you are planning to use coconut buttercream, omit the use of the coconut milk/coconut extract.
- this cake pairs really well with a vanilla or rum buttercream and makes a stunning dessert when you add shredded coconut as a garnish.
Amount Ingredient 2 2/3 C All Purpose Flour 1 C Softened Butter 1 C Granulated (white) sugar 1 C Coconut milk (do NOT use cream of coconut! Coconut milk can be found in the ethnic food section in your food store. If it is not available in your area, use whole milk and add 1-2 tsp coconut extract instead) 4 Eggs 2 tsp Baking Powder 3 Tbsp Dark Rum 1 8 oz tin Crushed pineapple, drained very well
Directions:1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare pans.
2.Sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3.Combine the milk and rum in a glass and set aside.
4.In a large bowl, cream the butter until it is smooth and light. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until it is nice and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
5.Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6.Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternatively with the milk mixture beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7.Fold in crushed pineapple.
8.Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 1162 Active Users (29 Members and 1133 Guests)
- › Canon PIXMA ip3600. Is it worth it??? 1 minute ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 2 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 6 minutes ago
- › What do you think of the recent changes to CakeCentral? 29 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 30 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 35 minutes ago
- › Newbie buying Cookie Cutters which ones First? 36 minutes ago
- › Which is more preferred or popular decorator vs original cream... 53 minutes ago
- › Fondant questions 54 minutes ago
- › Slimy fondant! 56 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan