Edited on 10/26/12
- Rolled Vanilla FondantEdited on 10/25/12
- Rolled ButtercreamEdited on 10/25/12
- Molding Chocolate Clay
Alphabetical Article List
Satin Icing (Fondant)
Posted by stephanie214This is a true molding icing with a lemony flavor.
Satin Icing (Fondant)
- 4 tablespoons butter 4 tablespoons lemon juice 6 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted a few drops of food coloring
- 1. Place the butter and lemon juice in a small saucepan over a gentle heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter has melted.
- 2. Add 2 cups of the confectioner's sugar and heat gently, stirring, until dissolved. When the mixture begins to simmer at the sides of the pan, increase the heat slightly and cook for 2 minutes until it boils gently; do not oveerboil at this stage or the icing will be too hard.
- 3. Remove the pan from the heat and add 2 cups more confectioners' sugar. Beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon, then turn the icing into a mixing bowl.
- 4. Gradually mix in enough of the remaining confectioners' sugar to give a soft dough. Turn the dough onto a surface dusted with confectioners' sugar and knead until it is smooth. Add color, if using.
- 5. Wrap the ball of icing in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. To use, roll out and use as fondant molding paste.
- Rolled Vanilla Fondant
Currently, there are 715 Active Users (10 Members and 705 Guests)
- › Can I do a cake recipe but use a smaller tin to what it says ? 1 minute ago
- › sugar paste losing its colour? 3 minutes ago
- › Moldes 10 minutes ago
- › How do I fill a 3D Train Cake? 10 minutes ago
- › helpp please 47 minutes ago
- › Using SPS for the first time and I am terrified! 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking