Posted by TxBlondeVery simple coffee cake recipe that is moist and very tasty! Always a big hit when I make it.
Sarah's Coffee Cake
- Cake 1 box yellow cake mix (w/pudding) 3/4 cup butter 3/4 cup water 3 eggs 1 t vanilla 1/4 cup sugar 4 T cinnamon 1 cup granola 2-3 red apples 2-3 T butter 1/3 c brown sugar 1 t cinnamon 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix together cake mix, butter, water, eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. (Mixture will be thick)
- Assemble Cake
- 1 Layer cake batter, sprinkle w/cinnamon sugar mix and granola(repeat about 3 times)
- Cook for about 1 hour or until done.
- Peel and cut apples into cubes. In sautee pan melt butter, then add apples cook for about 2 minutes then add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook until apples are tender. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Once cake has cooled transfer it to serving dish and cover it with apple mixture. Serve warm
- Definitely NOT healthy!