Moravian Spice Cake
Edited on 2/7/12
- Spice CakeEdited on 1/1/12
- Snickerdoodle Cake with cinnamon buttercreamEdited on 6/10/11
- Red Velvet Cake
- topicSpice Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Sara Jane's Oatmeal Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is the BEST CAKE I have ever eaten! A moist cake made with oats, and lightly spiced with nutmeg is topped with a broiled coconut icing. Not too sweet, not too dry, just amazing.
Sara Jane's Oatmeal Cake
- 1 cup rolled oats 1 1/4 cups boiling water 1 cup white sugar 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 2 eggs 6 tablespoons melted butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons heavy cream 2/3 cup flaked coconut 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 In a small bowl, stir oats into boiling water. Set aside to soak for 20 minutes.
2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
3 In a medium bowl, cream together the white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar and shortening until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir just until moistened. Mix in the soaked oats. Pour into the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
4 Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Turn the oven to the broil setting and let it heat up.
5 In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, heavy cream, coconut and vanilla. Spread over the top of the cake. Broil for a few minutes, just until the coconut is lightly browned.
- Spice Cake
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 1 minute ago
- › Candy melt transfers?? 23 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Help!!! 1st time working with sugar 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 3D Bust Cakes???? 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › soy and dairy free frosting for a smash cake?? 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking