Basic Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Edited on 6/12/11
- White Chocolate Swiss ButtercreamEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousElegant chocolate cake.
- 5 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate 3/4 cup white sugar 3/4 cup butter, softened 5 eggs 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon butter, softened 4 (1 ounce) squares chopped semisweet chocolate 6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Have all ingredients at room temperature.
2 Melt the 5 ounces of the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and let cool.
3 Separate the eggs. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat the egg yolks in gradually until light in color. Add the melted, cooled chocolate and beat it in. Gradually add the sifted flour to the batter.
4 Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold them into the mixture. Pour batter into one ungreased 9 inch springform pan.
5 Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from pan and icing. Once cool remove from pan and slice cake horizontally. Insert a filling of pureed jam between the layers. Cover top and sides with warm Sachertorte icing.
6 To Make Sachertorte Icing: Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 4 ounces chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Add the coffee and beat well. Sift and add the confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread the warm icing on the top and sides of the torte
- White Chocolate Swiss Buttercream
- › Cake charging 46 seconds ago
- › Purchasing cake pedestals 54 seconds ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 7 minutes ago
- › Cupcakes for wedding..Need some ideas please help 15 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 16 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 19 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 20 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 24 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 24 minutes ago
- › Recognize these cutters? 24 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net